Sunday, January 22, 2012

How we got to where we are now...

For my New Year's Resolution, I decided to start blogging.  My goal is to try and blog at least once a month, but we'll see!  Many of my friends blog, and I love following along and keeping up with their lives.  So, for those of you interested, here is a very short run down on "how we got to where we are now..."

Clay and I met in high school.  I cheered on the Eagles while he played football and baseball.  It was love at first sight for me, and I am SURE he would say the same thing :)

Clay was a year ahead of me in school, and after graduation he attended the University of Oklahoma majoring in Zoology and graduating from OU Dental in June 2009...BOOMER SOONER!


I also attended the University of Oklahoma and cheered on the All-Girl Squad. I majored in Elementary Education/Early Childhood and taught at Washington Elementary for 3 years while Clay was in dental school.  I loved my time teaching 1st grade in Norman and will cherish those memories forever!


We were engaged in NYC in November 2004, and on June 17th, 2006 we were married in our hometown and enjoyed a great honeymoon in Hawaii.



We traveled to Italy with friends and family March 2008!



We decided to move back home after Clay graduated to be close to family and built our house on Allison Lane...which most people find quite humorous! :)


On December 22nd, 2009, we welcomed Miss Allie Kate Anderson. She weighed 6 lbs 3 oz and was 19 inches long...a true gift from God!  She is named after family.  Her first name is from my mom's maiden name, Allison, which we shortened to Allie (Clay's choice).  Her middle name is my dad's grandmother, Kathleen Wyatt Nicholson, who went by "Kate" (my choice)...and so together we have Allie Kate!



Last month, we celebrated Allie Kate's 2nd birthday with a PINK PARTY...she loved it of course!  Allie Kate is full of life and keeps us on our toes.  She attends Mother's Day Out twice a week and loves playing with her friends.  She also enjoys our "Moms and Tots" gymnastics class we go to Monday mornings.  Any chance she gets, she wants to see her grandparents, cousins and neighborhood friends.

Clay is now the proud owner of his very own dental practice in Frederick, Oklahoma.  I spend most of my time with Allie Kate, but I also work each week with the Eisenhower cheerleaders.  We both take great pride in what we do and feel blessed to have the opportunities to do what we love.

Here is our most recent family picture and our Christmas card for 2011.  This is pretty much the ONLY picture we got from this day with Allie Kate looking at the camera and smiling but, I LOVE IT!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! I'm excited to follow you. :) This way I'll feel like we've met when I finally do get the chance to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is a great way to keep up with each other :) Funny that we've never been at the same place at the same time in Missouri...we will have to meet soon!

      Delete